Welcome back to WooWeekly, your weekly appointment with WooCommerce tutorials, tips and updates handpicked for you (and the other 18,552 subscribers), so that you can learn something new.
Well, happy 2024! I wish you the best of luck in terms of health, wealth and happiness. This will be a special year for me as well, as I really need to get back on track with business and personal goals. I had a lot to think about during the holidays, so drafting a business calendar and pointing out some personal goals will be the first thing I’m doing after today’s newsletter. I may get back to personal blogging, also, in a way to keep myself accountable. Let’s see.
Finally, today is a super important day for WooWeekly. We’re joined by Barn2 plugins as the STAGE sponsor, and I couldn’t be happier for Katie and Andy, which are two amazing, inspiring entrepreneurs and WooCommerce developers who are totally worth a follow. If you’re interested in their journey to 10M USD lifetime sales (they’re at 6, and here’s Barn2 2023 year in review post), Katie’s Twitter is a great place to start. You can also learn more about the company and the fully remote team behind it. Finally, their All Access Bundle for 23 current + future plugins is priced very conveniently, and they kindly offered a further 20% discount for WooWeekly readers that you can unlock by using the link below. Thank you, Barn2!
Anyhow, for the first issue of 2024 I’d like to share some interesting year-in-review posts from inspiring WordPress entrepreneurs, so that you can see how they’re doing and what they’ve planned for 2024. Hopefully you can learn a thing or two and refocus your business and life plan.
We’ll get back to our usual round-up of WooCommerce tips and tricks from next week. Enjoy!
BUT FIRST… THANK YOU, STAGE SPONSOR!
Barn2 is a leading provider of WooCommerce plugins known for quality, reliability, and excellent support. They recently won Seshie awards for “Store of the Year”, plus extension of the year for their innovative WooCommerce Product Options plugin. Other popular plugins include WooCommerce Product Table, Wholesale Pro and Product Filters. Barn2’s plugins are the ultimate solution for WooCommerce store owners wanting to take their business to the next level. Get an exclusive 20% discount off individual products or the 23-plugin All Access Pass when you buy using this link
I already shared my short 2023 recap last week, so I’d like to share the year-in-review posts from other WordPress entrepreneurs this week. I tend to read them all at the beginning of the year so that I can adjust my business/life direction as I plan my year. Hope it’s helpful to you as well!
- Studio Wombat’s 2023 is a great post from a 1-person plugin business. Despite the many competitors, it seems there’s revenue for all if you can focus on your unique selling point. And regarding Maarten Belmans’ Advanced Product Fields for WooCommerce plugin, this is about performance and compatibility, which are often neglected by similar products. As usual, being a solopreneur has also its usual problems: lack of time for customer support, marketing, networking, content writing and business development.
- Barn2 2023 year in review is a detailed and thorough recap from a 17 people WordPress business, featuring a 1,5 million dollar worth of plugin sales. It’s amazing to learn what happens to a small business once it scales up – focus is now on team culture, payroll, hiring and firing, marketing, content, sponsoring, as well as reducing churn. Plus, you can clearly see that Katie and Andy do work to live, and not the opposite. They moved to Spain, bought 2 houses, did some travelling, and I’m sure this year they’ll do even more.
- Freemius’ Year in Review 2023 is a very interesting post from another thriving WordPress company. I was surprised to see there are only 16 team members powering the software, so this is incredibly lean (though, they’re hiring!). Other than that, it’s evident that focus was on company growth and leadership, but also community, podcast and video content, which are super important to keep people in the loop. And in 2024, they’ll go beyond WordPress, which is a brave move.
- FluentCRM Year In Review 2023 is valuable to me because I became a user in 2023 (Fluent Forms & Fluent Support) thanks to its amazing documentation and hook availability. The Fluent umbrella is a very complex ecosystem of various plugins and integrations, and it’s amazing to see how they reached millions of cumulative active installs from almost nowhere. There is no mention of the size of the team, but they’re moving really fast and this is a great example for those who wish to scale.
- WP Umbrella’s From 7k to 25k Monthly year in review is a nice post, especially because I didn’t know the company and it’s incredible to see they’re at 300K ARR. The work they do must be exceptional. It’s nice to learn about their 2-week sprints, salary grids, the way they’re organized and how they’re trying to spread the word by sponsoring and attending WordCamps. Good luck!
- WP Forms’ Year in Review 2023 is an atypical post, as it’s basically a huge infographic about their stats and achievements. It’s worth a scroll. Mostly because they develop 2 of the most downloaded WordPress repository plugins, so it’s interesting to see how they use the freemium model to monetize their business.
- WP Fastest Cache 2023 Year in Review is another example of how a well ranked free plugin in the WP repo can account for a staggering 68k of paid users. This is worth a quick scroll as well, although there is no mention of company size, culture or marketing.
More notable links, even though many are just “changelogs”:
And then some “personal” ones:
THANK YOU, ORCHESTRA SPONSORS!
Advanced Product Fields for WooCommerce by Studio Wombat is the market’s fastest product options plugin. It allows you to easily add extra options to your products, such as text boxes, file uploads, swatches, date pickers, and more! Store owners can easily create product configurators and customers can effortlessly customize your products and select additional options and add-ons. The plugin is developed to be lightweight, yet feature-complete! Get an exclusive 20% discount with coupon code: BBLOOMER
Our powerful WooCommerce plugins have been created from the ground up to help store owners boost sales and improve customer experience. IconicWP plugins are designed so you can customize your online store without any coding knowledge. Get an exclusive 20% discount with coupon code: WooWeekly20
Nexcess Managed WooCommerce hosting is fast, easy-to-use, and includes built-in performance tools like extra PHP workers and a global CDN. If you’re a serious WooCommerce store owner who needs to sell without limits, get started today by visiting Nexcess.
ICYMI: WooCommerce Snippets
Enjoyed this issue?
Well, congratulations for reading this far – you’re one of a kind! There are many ways you can support WooWeekly and help us spread the word. Thank you in advance!
Share it: https://wcwkly.com/newsletter-archive/
Invite friends: https://wcwkly.com
Leave a review: https://www.businessbloomer.com/shop/newsletters/wooweekly-free/
Become a sponsor for as little as $97: https://wcwkly.com/sponsors/