Hello there, how you doing today?
Here in Palermo, Sicily, all is well; I had a very tough few days as my boy got sick for the first time in 10 months and we din’t really know what to do. I guess we’ll be ready for next time now that we know 😀
Anyhow, welcome back to WooWeekly, your appointment with WooCommerce tutorials, tips and updates handpicked for you so that you can learn something new!
WooWeekly is put together by myself, Rodolfo Melogli, founder at Business Bloomer, your go-to blog for WooCommerce tips and David Mainayar, co-founder at PeachPay, the backed-by-WooCommerce 1-click checkout solution. If you wish to spread the word about WooWeekly you can tell friends and colleagues to sign up at wcwkly.com
So, let’s get the party started… enjoy!
BUT FIRST… THANK YOU, STAGE SPONSOR!
Over 80,000+ store owners actively use Woosuite plugins for WooCommerce to enhance their user experience and increase the average order value. Some of their popular plugins include Wholesale Suite for WooCommerce, Dynamic pricing, Variation Swatches, and much more.
Want to sponsor WooWeekly to an audience of 15,000+ active readers as well as being featured on our website (dofollow) for a lifetime? Info on our sponsor slots are available at wcwkly.com/sponsors – we’re now selling slots for Dec 2021 and Jan-Apr 2022
1. Brand New WooCommerce Content
[WooCommerce Snippet] Calculate Sales by Coupon Code
This week’s post is actually not “new” because it’s been on Business Bloomer for more than 4 years. But today I’ve completely revised it as it was not working any longer. Also, I got to learn what “couponing” is (the activity of regularly using coupons to buy things at reduced prices), which I didn’t know lol – perfect timing for Black Friday! Anyhow, the story was that a BloomerArmada fan had a nice challenge with a client – how to display the total amount of sales generated by a given coupon code? So I managed to create this snippet, which adds a brand new column to the WooCommerce Coupon table view with “total sales” value for each coupon code – enjoy: https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-calculate-sales-coupon-code/
[WooCommerce Tutorial] Sell More With Upsell & Order Bump Plugins
You’ve certainly heard of upsells and order bumps before, but somehow everyone seems to have their own definitions for these terms, the product makers on this list being no exception. Chris Lema — who has recently established himself as an authority in this domain — refer to order bumps as upsells/downsells/cross-sells that happen during the checkout process and upsells as any type of purchase (no matter the price) that happens during the post-checkout process. This is very common. People use the term upsell to refer to downsells and cross-sells all the time. Unless otherwise stated, we will operate with the definitions set forth in this paragraph. So, now that we’re clear on our terms, we can begin discussing the top upsell and order bump products available for WooCommerce: https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-upsell-order-bump-plugins/
[WooCommerce Tutorial] How to Drive Sales With Opt-ins
One of the hardest aspects of running a WooCommerce store is lead generation. Whether you want to convert visitors into subscribers or encourage them to make purchases, you may be looking for effective ways to convince users to take desired actions. This is where opt-in campaigns come in handy. When executed correctly, opt-ins can encourage visitors to engage with your brand in a variety of ways. While this process may seem a little complicated, it’s actually quite simple. All you need to get started is a powerful plugin that will enable you to create high-converting, automated campaigns easily. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at opt-in campaigns and how they can help you boost your sales. We’ll then show you how to set up three effective campaigns for your WooCommerce store. Let’s get started: https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-drive-sales-opt-ins/
[WooCommerce Tutorial] Top Multilingual Plugins
I have spoken about the need to internationalize your WooCommerce store before. There are all-in-one, country-based plugins that let you ensure your store is ready for a specific country’s audience (e.g. Germany, Japan, Brazil, Italy and the Czech Republic). But this isn’t exactly the right type of plugin for the merchant who is trying to service a truly international audience spread across various countries or continents. For this type of merchant, the first two steps are to add multi-currency and multilingual support. Fortunately, just as there are many multi-currency plugins out there, there are quite a few WooCommerce-dedicated multilingual plugins to choose from. One of the plugins mentioned below even lets you do both! In this listicle, we are going to compare the most popular multi-language plugins available for WooCommerce stores. Let’s jump right in: https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-top-multilingual-plugins/
[WooCommerce Tutorial] How To Create Quantity Based Pricing
In this article, you will learn to create quantity-based pricing on WooCommerce products. We will use the Dynamic Pricing & Discount Rules plugin, which offers the easiest way to create quantity-based pricing. You can make multiple discount offers based on the quantity of the products in the cart: https://woosuite.com/woocommerce/quantity-based-pricing/
THANK YOU, ORCHESTRA SPONSORS!
Do the Woo is dedicated to helping guide, connect and elevate the WooCommerce Builder Community. Learn how to grow your Woo business by listening to your peers and colleagues on the Do the Woo podcast. Get biz tips on the Woo BizChat Podcast and discover tons of content on our community site. If you build products or services for WooCommerce, or sites using WooCommerce, the Do the Woo Builder Community is for you.
Consortia is a creator of premium WooCommerce plugins and extensions, each of which is designed to improve the eCommerce management experience for developers and online store owners. Our products focus on giving users better tools for store maintenance, bulk order management, cost and profit tracking pricing, and order and sales reporting. Our best selling products include the Bulk Table Editor, which helps users easily set up sales and bulk update important product values, as well as other popular extensions including Cost & Reports, Bulk Category Editor and Roles & Rules B2B
Shoptimizer is a FAST WooCommerce theme that comes with a ton of features all designed to help you convert more visitors into customers. It’s built for speed and conversions and is based upon real eCommerce research we’ve validated to generate millions of dollars on some of the biggest WooCommerce stores in the world. It includes the CommerceKit plugin which takes WooCommerce to the next level, with ajax search, order bumps, and much more. Grab a copy today for only $49!
WP Engine’s eCommerce hosting makes WooCommerce even better, helping your store run up to 40% faster, and drive up to 18% more sales. Plans come with an eCommerce-ready theme and automated plugin updates. Focus on your business, and let WP Engine protect your brand with enterprise-grade security and features such as Instant Site Search, eCommerce Gutenberg blocks, and more. Get 4 months FREE on any annual eCommerce plan with code WOOWEEKLY20
We are AG creates WooCommerce plugins that offer payment processing solutions for WooCommerce store owners. We then ensure these solutions work well for you, both now and in the future with prompt updates and support where necessary.
Want to join these sponsors and advertise in front of an audience of 15,000+ active readers? Read more at wcwkly.com/sponsors
2. David’s WooCommerce Highlights
Here are a few notes written by David of PeachPay, WooWeekly co-author:
- Status: Doing the Woo You heard it right! Bob Dunn of Do the Woo fame is partnering with Post Status. This allows Do the Woo members to have an exclusive seat at the Post Status table, and it allows Post Status members to get discounted access to the Do the Woo community. A win-win for everybody involved, and possibly the start of something much bigger.
- Order Up: StellarWP has launched what it claims to be the premier restaurant plugin for WooCommerce: Orderable. Brought to you by the recently acquired Iconic team and WP Crafter’s Adam Preiser. Definitely one to look out for if you run a restaurant WooCommerce store.
- Baby Blocks: WooCommerce Blocks 6.2.0 was released at the end of last month. The headline here is the Cart Block update. Expect more control over the cart page layout with atomized Inner Blocks. Call ‘em baby blocks.
- Facebook or Meta? Last week saw a new version of Facebook (or Meta?) for WooCommerce released. The long-awaited fix for the feed file generator is here.
- Actions Speak Louder than Words: Last week also saw a new version of Action Scheduler released. Expect a more stable, configurable, and performance-optimized experience.
- Calling All Builders: WooCommerce Marketplace builders will be pleased to know that WooCommerce has (allegedly) lowered the service charge.
3. Bloomer Armada Headlines
Here are the latest news regarding Bloomer Armada, Business Bloomer’s private WooCommerce community.
- Making Armada Stronger: 2 new PARTNERs this week, with Oskar Andersson from templ.io and Gregory Moise from gnkapps.com – welcome and thank you for offering discount coupons to the community!
- First Class Comments: FANS, SUPPORTERS and PARTNERS now get Business Bloomer blog comment reply priority instead of waiting until I free up some time for answering (usually twice/month). Wanna try? Join for $9, pick a WooCommerce tutorial, leave a comment, and give out to me if I don’t see the special email notification coming into my inbox!
- WooMentor: I thought of rebranding Armada to WooMentor to highlight the fact I offer daily mentorship… but that’s not the only perk Armada unlocks for subscribers. So, staying with Armada and aiming at building a community around all its benefits. Speaking of which, nice Woo questions on our private Slack channel this week: a plugin recommendation (https://www.businessbloomer.com/Variation-Products), a custom PHP snippet that required quick troubleshooting, and someone having login issues to Business Bloomer courses (d’oh! Fixed!). This Slack seems to work! Joined yet?
- Black Friday Is Coming: I’m still undecided on which promotion to run for Black Friday. Courses discount or Armada slashed subscription? Armada or Courses? Mmmm, maybe both. Anyone got any suggestion for what sort of promotion you’d like to see and that would make you buy?
THANK YOU, BALCONY SPONSORS!
WP Frontend Admin’s Restaurant Management free course will show you how to create a Restaurant Management platform using WordPress, WooCommerce, WP Ultimo, and WP Frontend Admin. Restaurants will register on your site, create their own sites, pay you a monthly fee for their site, and they will be able to sell food online, manage orders, and register team members. They will manage their sites using a beautiful frontend dashboard, you can use a custom design for the dashboard to simplify everything and show your custom brand.
Want to sponsor for as little as $97 for 4 issues? Find out more at wcwkly.com/sponsors
[WooCommerce Snippet] Phone Input Mask @ Checkout
[WooCommerce Tutorial] Waiting List for Out-Of-Stock Products
There’s no better feeling than “selling out” and still having more customers who want to buy your products. But while this image looks exciting, it comes with a considerable downside. Sold-out products put you at risk of losing customers – simply because they wouldn’t know when a product is back in stock to purchase it. They can also frustrate your customers and make them buy from your competitors instead, leading to business and customer loss. But what if there was a way to avoid this? By enabling waitlists for your online store, you can keep customers updated about their favorite product’s availability and immediately notify them when it’s back in stock. This article will take you through six of the best WooCommerce waitlist plugins that can help you recover missed sales: https://www.businessbloomer.com/woocommerce-waiting-list-out-of-stock-products/